PDA

View Full Version : Yfz 450 or raptor 700r

Clousersyfz
11-19-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a yfz and I am wanting to know if the raptor is a better bike to have?

J.Brown121
11-19-2009, 09:33 PM
what type of riding do you do?

dirtman91386
11-20-2009, 09:35 AM
i own a raptor 700 and a bunch of my friends have the 450s...there really is no difference in the tight trails...untill you need back up...thats where the 700 is awesome with reverse...but you get into a streight away and they are all behind me...it takes more than a cam and a pipe to beat the torque of the 700....i drag race every chance i get i have only had 2 bikes beat me 1 was a streched 480 banshee the other was ported big bore cammed 450....and he only got me by a lenght and a half...id say get the raptor

wrekd
11-20-2009, 10:10 AM
I'd say to test ride a Raptor and then see which one you like better. They're both great bikes, cant go wrong with either one, IMO.

yfzrider690
11-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by dirtman91386
i own a raptor 700 and a bunch of my friends have the 450s...there really is no difference in the tight trails...untill you need back up...thats where the 700 is awesome with reverse...but you get into a streight away and they are all behind me...it takes more than a cam and a pipe to beat the torque of the 700....i drag race every chance i get i have only had 2 bikes beat me 1 was a streched 480 banshee the other was ported big bore cammed 450....and he only got me by a lenght and a half...id say get the raptor

I'm not trying to get in a pissing match about who's bike is faster but my dad has a raptor 700 with exhaust, filter and power commander and my yfz450 with exhaust and filter with cammod beats him everytime. Most of it has to do with the rider. I have never been beaten by a raptor with similar mods yet. Maybe I'm a better rider, i don't know. But the raptor and 450 are really close in power and having reverse is nice to have in the trails. I like the 450 because it sits lower than the raptor and seems to handle better. The raptor does have very good suspension, it's like riding the cadillac of sport quads, its so smooth.

dirtman91386
11-20-2009, 01:48 PM
having a pcIII is worthless unless you have it dyno tuned...i got an extra 3hp and 9lbs/tq...bringing my total to 52 hp and 50 lbs/tq....my buddys 450 throws down 49.8hp on the dyno ...and 31lbs/tq.. yea its close to a the same hp but the torque is what wins drags....i would have your dad get his bike dyno tuned...then be ready to watch his tail light!

yfzrider690
11-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by dirtman91386
having a pcIII is worthless unless you have it dyno tuned...i got an extra 3hp and 9lbs/tq...bringing my total to 52 hp and 50 lbs/tq....my buddys 450 throws down 49.8hp on the dyno ...and 31lbs/tq.. yea its close to a the same hp but the torque is what wins drags....i would have your dad get his bike dyno tuned...then be ready to watch his tail light!

I am gonna have to tell him about that. That is true about it being worthless. We hooked everything and ran it out at the dunes and tried different settings and couldn't really tell much of a difference. A extra 3hp would be sweet. Thanks for the insight. I have been wanting to get mine dyoned, maybe we will both have to go at the same time. Do you have a extended swingarm, I know my dads is a wheelie machine. He's scared to hammer on it from the start because it wants to stand straight up. HAHA.

dirtman91386
11-20-2009, 02:17 PM
dude i would deffinatly get them both dyno tuned!....mine is a wheelie monster and i have 5 broken grab bars to prove it...but i have been considering getting a longer swinger but cant make up my mind....i am debating a stage II cam and high compression piston....but the tires i use might not hook any more...on street or dirt i drag a set of razor II..i know there super heavy but there the only thing that hooks my bike up...mxr4s didnt do nothing but spin...kenda claws junk...the dunlops that are prolly on most yfz 450s my 700 ate them in a little less than a month....sand tires how ever...i ran a sand trakker first..then a sand geko....upgradden to the sand geko plus(10 paddles)...now i got a set of skat trak extreme haulers 10 blades...these things really let my bike **** and get...put them on my buddys 450 and he couldnt even 2nd gear drop it with out his bike stalling out....id deffinatly say get um dynoed then get ready to order extended swingers and good tires!

yfzrider690
11-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Ya I have ran a lot paddles to. I am running 21x12x8 9 paddle extremes right now. They hook like crazy and I have no problem turning them. I have a yoshi exhaust, modquad intake, high compression piston and my head has been ported by mmad in california. Those paddles are by far the best ones I have had. My dirt tires are GNCC's in the rear and maxxis razr2's in the front. I ride 50/50 dunes and trails. My dad is looking at a +4 swinger so he can keep the front end down.

rodelikestole
01-20-2010, 01:28 AM
i do drags more than anything,i like catching air, wheelies, and cruise the trails for an hour or two. i haven't got to try out either one yet. the yfz looks like the easier build and straight line faster. how well does it fit 6'plus 200lb guys? and how much will it beat you up after going hard all day? kawi's 450 has me hurtin after a days ride and lost to every raptor and yfz i lined up with. i beat the hell out of the first three gears so i don't want a ltr.

trx400 rider
01-20-2010, 04:11 AM
trx450r

rodelikestole
01-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by trx400 rider
trx450r

one day i'd like to have a virgin 250r but i have no interest in their 450